Followers

EU Privacy

This blog is generated from Australia and is in no way a business but a personal blog for my crafting. To ensure anyone from the EU visits this blog please ensure you read the following:

To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation: If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, you have published your own personal details and have consented for your personal information to be displayed.

Sunday, April 15, 2018

The Crafter's Cafe Challenge #194 World Art Day - 15/4/18

Create a Work of Art is the challenge, could be the background on a card, an ATC, anything really. 

Three great Sponsors



Here are two works of art I have come up with for the challenge.

Both are collages, which I always love doing, they have both been placed into a junk journal I am keeping for 2018.   They have been placed somewhere near the middle of the journal, so that through the winter months I will get a reminder that better weather is coming.

The first features an image from Knitty Kitty Digis called "At the Bottom of the Garden"  I have labelled the photos to show some of the features of the collage, dried flowers, tea leaves, tea bag paper, etc.  the image has been coloured with copic pens, and some parts have been printed, coloured and fussy cut, then layered with 3d dimensions to give some depth to the collage. You will also find a button, mulberry flowers, diecuts, a split pin and some stickers.  Just a whole lot of fun for a Spring collage.


 Closeup

 Dried Flowers

More Dried Flowers and Blind (made with teabag paper), butterfly sticker

More dried flowers and brad for nail

Button for hub of wheel and green tea leaves for grass

 Final

 Entered into:
Through The Craftroom Door Bi-monthly Challenge - Mixed media
Art Journal - Recycle/Collage
Country View Challenges - Recycle or Alter Something
Try it Tuesday - Recycle Something

Then we have a Summer collage using Mari Designs "Special Small Joys".  This time I have relied more on a 3d effect with the image, having the girl and the little tins of flowers, raised with 3d diensions.  The sun, green vine, toadstool and grass are from Flourish with a Bling.  The dragon fly large pot of flowers and summer stickers are from my stash.





Check out the challenge blog to see more Works of Art

Entered into:
Jo's ScrapShack - Anything Goes
Creative Knockouts - Lots of Layers
Pause Dream Enjoy - Anything Goes

7 comments:

Eekers said...

This is incredible Cass! This is defo one of the best version of "At the bottom of the garden" I have ever seen! I think it's better than mine too! Please, please come and share it on the facebook group! I would love to add it to the listing to the stamp on Etsy too, if you would be ok with that. I would credit you and link to your blog. Let me know! I am so pleased, you have made my day!


Annabel - Knitty Kitty Digis

Janis Lewis said...

Cute card! Thanks for sharing with us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges.
Janis
Pause Dream Enjoy

craftytrog said...

I love your beautiful pages Cass! Thanks for joining my Recycle and Collage challenge at AJJ!
Alison xx

froebelsternchen said...

Both collages for your Junk Journal are just gorgeous! Specially I love the girl with the cute dog - and so much detail in your pages!
Thank you very much for joining us at Art Journal Journey and Try It On Tuesday with your amazing art!
Happy new week ahead!
Hugs, Susi

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am a cat lover, so "At the bottom of the garden" spoke to me. I not only adored the kitty images, especially how you positioned one in the wheelbarrow, I also loved all the recycling you accomplished on this spread. A simply stunning example of what can be accomplished when you recycle and repurpose various items. Thanks so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey. This is a a fabulous entry.

Meggymay said...

The collage pages are fantastic, there is so many super additions and details to look at. Thank you for joining us over at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

rachel said...

great collage - love this to bits! Bright and beautiful! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Countryview crafts and good luck in the draw! Hugs Rachel x