Something a little different today, this is the first time I have tried this technique, not sure what it is called, I have seen it used to isolate different words on a page, thought that was way above any talent I had so, I looked through the mountaines of old books I have stored around the house and found this one.
Perfect for a first try. The pictures were plenty and they were simply coloured sketches, which made it easy for my too roughly cut around. First I found the pages that would work one on top of the other, that was left hand over left hand and right hand over etc.
I then started cutting away at the pages to make a 3d picture, the pages were stuck together with 3d squares. I did not know what to do with the cut off pieces left in the spine, so covered them with some diecuts. (not sure if I like that part yet or not.). Lefthand page has 4 layters, right hand page has 7 layers. Next time I would find a middle page for my top layer and work from there and not have to worry about the empty spine.
Beautiful altered book. Very clever. Thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectics this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DTReplyDelete
So interesting Cass. What a fun creation. Thanks bunches for joining our 'Hit the Books' challenge at OUR CREATIVE CORNER. j.ReplyDelete
Nicely done! Great for a first attempt! Thanks for sharing with us at Altered Eclectics!ReplyDelete
What a fabulous way of using the book Cass and the 3D pages are amazing. Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Our Creative Corner for our Hit the Books Challenge. Jennie xReplyDelete