Followers

EU Privacy

This blog is generated from Australia and is in no way a business but a personal blog for my crafting. To ensure anyone from the EU visits this blog please ensure you read the following:

To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation: If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, you have published your own personal details and have consented for your personal information to be displayed.

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Perfume Bottle

The image on this journal page is from Sandi's Samples and is called Perfume Bottle. It is the free image for this month's Progressive challenge at Outlawz.

I wanted to try something different with the digital images and have decided on an Art Journal, which will hold my sketches but also digital images. A Journal that is not bulky and relies on paper, ink, pen and paint exclusively.  No embellishments and no glue.  It is a thick book, so hopefully as the pages turn over, my techniques get better.

The technique I used to transfer Sandi's image onto a page, seemed simple enough, let's say I hope it gets more simple as I continue through the book.

I've seen the transfer technique using an InkJet printer and wax paper.   Mmm! 4 pages later I'm thinking this can't be right.  I have printed on tissue paper with my laser printer - no problems.  But the wax paper was causing all sorts of problems for the printer, including nearly chewing it up and digesting it.

In Australia we have Wax paper, but we also have Grease-poof paper and I am beginning to wonder if  Grease-proof is called Waxed in other countries.  I know it is great for transfers.

Only I didn't have any, but I did have Baking Paper.   Yeah! a winner.

I used double sided tape to hold the Baking Paper onto a sheet of typing paper, printed, flipped the image over and ran a plastic card across the image.  It came out looking like a sketch (but I have included the credits on the image to show it is from Sandi.

Loved the technique, once I got it to work.  Image is then coloured with pencils, white ink and metallic gel pens. A couple of verses and patterns complete the page. 

Now I can print up some images and transfer them to the pages, so when I go away all I have to pack is the book, pencils and pens. 




Entered into:
The Outlaw May Progressive Challenge 
The Corrosive Challenge - Anything Goes
Artistic Inspiration - Anything Goes
Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes

1 comment:

The Red Mullet Band said...

What a cute card!!! I love it!!!
Thanks for joining us at Corrosive challenge blog.
Ana Isabel DT Coordinator.