Followers

EU Privacy

This blog is generated from Australia and is in no way a business but a personal blog for my crafting. To ensure anyone from the EU visits this blog please ensure you read the following:

To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation: If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, you have published your own personal details and have consented for your personal information to be displayed.

Monday, April 1, 2019

Pearly Sparkles Challenge, April 2019


This month's challenge at Pearly Sparkles is Flowers or Showers.  Decided to do a bit of mixed media for this challenge.

This is an old Enid Blyton story book, I did start it as a Journal back in 2014, but the end of 2013 had been very traumatic, Dad died as a result of injuries in a car accident and I just couldn't do journalling..

I happened to find it when I was cleaning out a drawer and decided now was the time, to move on.  I pulled off as much as I could of the old altered cover and then slathered on the black gesso.

Then I went mad with Fresco Acrylic chalk paints (my favourite acrylic paints), used stencils,  handmade flowers as well as some small mulberry flowers and leaves. A lock completes the cover.






Entered into: 

7 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

Fantastic to move on with this Enid Blyton Altered Book Cass! It's an amazing cover!!! Gorgeous ! Thank you very much for joining us at Moo Mania& More! Much appreciated!
Happy April!

Big hugs, Susi

Tammy said...

This is stunning, I love the textures and all of the flowers! Thanks so much for joining us about at Cardz for Galz.
Tammy x

Trimgym said...

Gorgeous creation. Is it all one creation or 3 different ones? Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week.

Jo.

cass said...

All one creation, just showing how I started.

Sheryl said...

A fabulous card. I love the textured background.
Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week.
Hugs Sheryl xx

Sue - said...

Gorgeous creation! Thanks for joining us at Cardz for Galz.

sweet art designs said...

Lovely design.
Thank you for sharing with us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. - Myrna DT