Followers

EU Privacy

This blog is generated from Australia and is in no way a business but a personal blog for my crafting. To ensure anyone from the EU visits this blog please ensure you read the following:

To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation: If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, you have published your own personal details and have consented for your personal information to be displayed.

Sunday, October 15, 2023

Crafter's cafe Challenge - Flowers, 15th October, 2023

This month  Beccy's Place is sponsoring the Crafter's Cafe Challenge.  Check out Beccy's store, she also sells clear stamps and dies as well as the cute digital images.

 I Went a little different this time, I chose an image from her freebies, which can be found on her BLOG.  I chose an image called Lavender ,  created a striped background, layered on the lavender, placing it into a vase.  coloured with pencils, I added a small flower as well.

Entered into:

 

I also received an image from Beccy called Poppies, included in the set is a group of poppies, a single poppy which I requested and multiple sentiments.

After many years of doing different hobbies, I have come back to where I started as a four year old with a very patient mother,  I am again doing embroidery, using up scraps of material and all the pieces of thread that have been lying around the house. To stop recluttering with embroidered pieces of material, I decided to create a treasure book/journal of needlework. 

This is a work in progress as I try different methods of stiffening material, printing on material etc.  Which leads me to the Poppy I wrote about.  After embroidering the image I fussy cut (bit nervous I was going to cut the stitches, I am sure I will get more confident as I go, here is my embroidered whitework  poppy.  Attached to this inside cover of the Book/Journal

Check out all the beautiful floral projects at:
https://crafterscafeblogchallenge.blogspot.com/

Entered into:

 

 

5 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love your lavender card Cass, as for your embroidery, WOW! Incredible and very neat work.
Faith x

meg said...

Beautiful lavender card,the soft colours are gorgeous,thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge

chrissy xx said...

Just GORgeous! Doing something you did many years ago really does bring back happy memories. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Crafty Catz this week.
GDT Chrissyxx

Beccy said...

Your card is gorgeous Cass, such soft, pretty colours. I particularly love the white bow... you did a really great job with the colouring. The background paper you created is a perfect match for the flowers.
The poppy you stitched is amazing!! I don't think I've ever seen someone "fussy cut" an embroidered image. I can only image how nerve-wracking it must have been to cut near the stitching. Absolutely beautiful.
Cheers,
Beccy

Lisa said...

Very lovely image and I love that you can see the DP behind the glass jar. Brilliant.