Followers

EU Privacy

This blog is generated from Australia and is in no way a business but a personal blog for my crafting. To ensure anyone from the EU visits this blog please ensure you read the following:

To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation: If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, you have published your own personal details and have consented for your personal information to be displayed.

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Photo Inspiration at 613 Avenue Create

Learnt something new this week, Cinco de Mayo is spanish for 5th May,(the birthday of my granddaughter and a little fellow I know who is turning 1 this year.) is a celebration held in the United States and regionally in Mexico, commemorating freedom and democracy during the American Civil War.  Thats what a google search told me.  613 Avenue Create gave us a photo for inspiration

So now I can speak a very little spanish and I know about a great colourful celebration.  I had an image I had coloured some time ago from Stitchy Stamps called 'Don't drink and drive' which I think is appropriate, he has got a bottle of Tequila in his hand and I associate that with Mexico.  For inspiration from the photo I used watercolour paints on some paper doilies, very very carefully, because they started to rip, when I dried them they curled up at the edges which gave me some frills, I layered them on gold cardstock and then onto an orange glossy card.  Wrote a little sentiment.  This card will be going into my year of celebrations junk journal I am doing this year.
Entered into 613 Avenue Create Challenge No 17 - Anything goes - Photo Inspiration

4 comments:

My Creative Therapy said...

Hi Cass!
So glad I inspired you to learn more about Cinco de Mayo and to create this great card for our challenge! Really love how you painted the doilies and how they curled on the edges just like the dresses in the picture. Well done! Thanks for playing in our neighborhood this week at 613 Avenue Create.

Kathi
Co-Owner

McCrafty's Cards said...

Brilliant card I like the fab image and the doilies.
Kevin xx

Blossom Cards said...

what a good take on the theme this week love your card thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create happy crafting to you
Rachel DT

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Cass,
Thanks for playing with us at 613 Avenue Create! We love how your project celebrates the colors in our photo inspiration. It really speaks to the spirit of Cinco de Mayo.
Hugz,
Chana, Owner