Followers

EU Privacy

This blog is generated from Australia and is in no way a business but a personal blog for my crafting. To ensure anyone from the EU visits this blog please ensure you read the following:

To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation: If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, you have published your own personal details and have consented for your personal information to be displayed.

Sunday, September 24, 2023

That's Sew Lovely

 The Outlawz current challenge in Twisted Thursday is Anything Goes, with the theme That's Sew Lovely.  I have been working on a Treasure Journal of embroidery for a few months.  Basically winging it as I go, trying new things to see how this journal will come together.

I wanted the material to have the consistency of paper, so that you could turn the pages without the material flopping around.  I think I have the combination right,  I am using a combination of stabilizing fabric and glue.There will be good and bad pages,  I am using up all the odd pieces of fabric I have stored around the house, not to mention embroidery thread inherited from my Mum and my Mother In Law, hate to think how old it may be, but it is still workable.

My inkjet printer is printing the images, for the process of printing I am using  a stick and stay spray with cardstock for backing. as I am limited to A4 size for printing, there will be lots of odd joins.  There will be three signatures.  I'm working on pockets, tags etc and I expect the journal to take years to complete.

My Mum taught me some basic stitches when I was 4 years old, many many years ago and it is something I still love to do.  There will be lots of different hand sewing in the journal and I expect along the way I will find better ways to do things. 

For now, here is the cover, made from a cardboard box and a cross stitch pattern I did earlier this year.  The other two pictures, show two pages for the journal, they back onto each other.  The cottage and crinoline lady are a centre page, with the washing page backing it, the side edges have not been completed on the washing page as I am thinking of adding a fold and/or a pocket.  

Wish me luck, at least I cannot say I have nothing to do.




 Entered into:

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Wow , this is gorgeous Cass!!!

Andree said...

A gorgeous journal, and very clever, and unique, way to create it. The wonderfully whimsical images look lovely with the pretty colours and stitching detail.
Thank you for joining in with our September challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

ScrappyHorses said...

Wow, this is amazing and perfect for "It's Sew Lovely" over at The Outlawz Twisted Thursday! Thanks for sharing! ~Katrina

Helen said...

Beautiful - such an amazing project.

Thanks for joining us at the Twisted Thursday Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Angela B. said...

Beautifully done! Thank you so much for entering the Twisted Thursdays challenge at https://theoutlawzchallenges-thursday.blogspot.com/ last month. Looking forward to seeing you again in our next twisted Challenge.

Happy crafting,
Angela
The Outlawz Challenges
Twisted Thursdays DT

https://outlawzchallenges.blogspot.com/