Followers

EU Privacy

This blog is generated from Australia and is in no way a business but a personal blog for my crafting. To ensure anyone from the EU visits this blog please ensure you read the following:

To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation: If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, you have published your own personal details and have consented for your personal information to be displayed.

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Time to Travel - Time for A Journal

I'm going on holidays real real soon, I have found the best way to remember an amazing holiday is not only with photos but with a Holiday/Art/Junk Journal.  There will be daily diaries, photos, bits and pieces on info stuck in and drawings etc.  My journals are handmade and hand bound.

The cover for this journal has been made from canvas, primed with gesso, and then decorating with acrylic and water paints, texture paint, stamps, doodles, my drawings. flowers, buttons and a plaited emrboidery cord.

Closed showing front flap
Open showing front with my Hibiscus Drawing
Back with my Palm Tree Drawing
With the journal fully open showing the whole cover.
Here is one of the double pages I have prepared for my journal.  I do not profess to being a stamper, in fact it is not something I really like doing, probably because I never seem to get a clear print, but I do have stamps and ocassionally use them, this was one such time.  A number of different stamps have been used to create the scene.  I have also used a micropen and a sharpie for some details.  The vine in the middle has been created by colouring the binding with the sharpie.



Entered ibnto"
Altered Eclectics - Anything Goes (the cover)
My Time to Craft - Silhouette (the double page of the journal)
Artistic Challenge - Quote or Saying

12 comments:

Jane said...

This is so creative, the stamping is wonderful - thank you for sharing with us on ARTastic.

Deb said...

This is very clever and such a beautiful addition to your journal. Thanks for joining in with us at ARTastic.

Lizzy Hill said...

I really like the way you've kept it to the black and white palette......nice blending your different stamps, too....great little book all round:)) Enjoy your holidays, & thanks for joining us at ARTastic!!!

Unknown said...

Lovely journal. Thanks for sharing it with us at ARTastic.

Judy McKay said...

Pretty travel journal. Thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectics this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

Elaine said...

A great idea to use stamps to create your page. Looks good. Thank you for sharing with us at ARTastic.

ztina said...

What a cool design! Lovely. Thanks for entering our march challenge at ARTastic!
Stina

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

What a fabulous art journal! Thanks for sharing with us at Altered Eclectics Challenges!
Leigh - DT

MagsB said...

Your art journal is gorgeous, and I just love the silhouette pages! Thanks for joining in at My Time to Craft!

love Mags B x

Jo said...

For someone who doesn't particularly like stamping you have done a wonderful job on this! I love the simplicity but all the detail at the same time. Thank you for joining in at ARTastic :)

Dolly B said...

Beautiful journal for your trip. You will love Fiji and you have such a beautiful journal to document your memories in , Thank you for sharing at ARTastic
Mary

mytawnyinspirations said...

This is a great journal for your travels. I love your coloured cover as well as the black and white pages. They are very effective.... great use of your stamping and drawing to create your scene. Thanks for joining with us at ARTastic. Cheers, Di