Followers

EU Privacy

This blog is generated from Australia and is in no way a business but a personal blog for my crafting. To ensure anyone from the EU visits this blog please ensure you read the following:

To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation: If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, you have published your own personal details and have consented for your personal information to be displayed.

Saturday, February 2, 2013

What do you see for Inspiration

I was asked by my Father ( turns 90 this year) where I get my ideas, what gives me the inspiration to create a project, I couldn't tell him anything except it just pops into my head.  Over at CDAC, they have a photo inspiration challenge running until the end of March.  I love these challenges as it gives me a chance to see how other people visualise.  For me, this photo was about a round yellow shape, a square and stripes, I didn't really notice the flower at all.  Here's the inspiration:
I have used a cute image of a little bird from Doodle Pantry called Everyday Birdies, with his round yellow head, he has been printed on textured drawing paper and coloured with pencils, the aqua background has gone through an embosser to give it a patterned texture.  I then found some different coloured cardstock that resembled the colours in the photo, not exact, but close and printed a different brithday greeting on each colour.  Cut out, stapled together and then the bottom one only is stuck to the cream card, so you can lift the top ones to read the full message. 



This card has been entered into the
" Inspiration Challenge" at CDAC  and
"Anything Goes Challenge" at Simon Says
"Anything Goes Challenge with something you love" (which for me is using coloured pencils on images, I love the texture and depth of colour) at 613 Avenue Create


6 comments:

Sandra DeFalco said...

Cute card Cass, love all the sayings and your coloring of the birdie image!
Sandi ♥

Lin said...

Cute little bird, and I love the multiple banner sentiments! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge, Cass!

Darlene said...

ADORABLE Cass and great coloring! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at CDAC. Hope you're having fun with the new challenges!
Darlene
DAR'S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Chana Malkah said...

This just so cute, Cass! I love all the wonderful sentiment banners, they make a very interesting focal on your project! Thanks so much for playing along with us at 613 Avenue Create! We look forward to your next visit to our neighborhood!
Hugz,
Chana

Unknown said...

So adorable! And I love those little sentiment banners too! Thank you so much for sharing this project at CDAC for the Inspiration Challenge.
-Shelly
Shelly's Images.com

Unknown said...

Cass what a cute idea to staple different sentiments together in that way. Very inspiring! The colors look pretty close to me!
Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGES
Deb
A Look Through My Eyes