Followers

EU Privacy

This blog is generated from Australia and is in no way a business but a personal blog for my crafting. To ensure anyone from the EU visits this blog please ensure you read the following:

To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation: If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, you have published your own personal details and have consented for your personal information to be displayed.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Baby card with a difference

I suppose a bit of history about this card might help make sense of what I do when a second or third addition to the family arrives.  I learnt this when our Daughter was born, one of my Aunty's arrived with not only a present for her but also for our son, explaining that he should not be forgotten at this time.

This is a practice that I then started with family and friends, a baby gift is always accompanied with gifts for the siblings.  Hence my Hello! Baby Sister Card.

The image is a vintage one called Little Girl out on a Limb" which I have digitally recoloured.  Mounted together with gems and a typed sentiment and bow.

Inside is a Poem (it is a very old poem, but I don't have any clues to the author)

A Baby came to our house,
Not very long ago,
And Father says we'll keep her here
'Cause Mother loves her so.
I didn't understand at first,
My heart felt very sore.
It seemed to me that Mother
Wouldn't love me any more.

But Mother took me in her arms,
Just as she used to do,
And told me that a Mother's heart
Was big enough for two,
And that she loved me just the same,
Because of this, you see,
The place I have in Mother's heart
Is always kept for me.




My Time to Craft #236 Something New
Kaboodle Doodles #212 Use a Ribbon
Sister Act  #45 Anything Goes


1 comment:

Michelle Looi said...

Love the vintage look with that image!
Thanks for playing along at Kaboodle Doodles!
~Michelle